Feedback from May engagement sessions
In early May, we held engagement sessions on the Milford Road corridor and Deepwater Basin. We also hosted the Fiordland Business Association at the Te Anau Hub
The feedback from these sessions was extremely informative and is generally positive regarding our work and approach. General themes from each session include:
- Separation is needed between commercial and recreational operators.
- Current set up has health and safety issues with risk of liability.
- Boat trailers are an issue, need a long term solution.
- Any new management approach needs to be adaptable, including flexibility to cater for both peak season and off
- A sustainable approach is needed with greater protection of fishery.
- New infrastructure needs to be world-class, high quality, designed to last and be robust against the elements.
Read a full summary of feedback and discussion at the Deepwater Basin May 2023 engagement session.